After staying close to home for more than 14 months due to COVID-19, I am now fully vaccinated and ready to visit my family in Texas!! It’s been a while since I’ve packed for such a long trip (6 weeks) so I thought it might be helpful to share what I’ll be packing for this trip.
Side note: Don’t forget your passport or REAL ID if flying. On October 1, 2021, every air traveler will need to present a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license, or other acceptable form of identification, to fly within the United States.
Don’t have a toiletry or make-up bag? No worries. Gallon-size Ziploc® bags work great. Can you sew? Make your own!
Need toiletries, make-up, or clothes in a pinch? Amazon.com.
- Face covering
- Dental floss
- Facial cleanser
- Facial moisturizer
- Make-up removing wipes
- Perfume / body spray
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Blow dryer
- Saline solution and case (for contact wearers)
- Eyeglass cleaner (for prescription glasses and sunglasses) – Costco® has the best. If you buy their Kirkland brand kit, they’ll replace your empty bottles of cleaner for FREE. Foreverrrrr!
- Hydrating face primer
- Clinique superpowder
- Eye liner
- Make-up brushes
- 1 Bathing suit
- 1 Cover-up dress
- 7 T-shirts
- 4 Shorts
- 4 Pants – mix of jeans, capris, leggings
- 7 Pair socks
- 7 Underwear
- 4 Bras
- 2 Sleepwear
- Favorite sweatshirt for cool evenings
- Flip flops*
- Athletic shoes*
Apps to occupy your time on the airplane
Don’t forget your earbuds and charger!
- Kindle: download books from Amazon and read on your Kindle app
- Audible: massive resource for audiobooks in every genre you could possibly think of
- Netflix: some content is available to download ahead of time and watch in-flight without having to pay for data
- Spotify: if you have a Spotify Premium membership, you can download music and playlists to listen to offline
*Wear one of these on your flight. I recommend athletic shoes because your feet might get stepped on. Don’t want to ruin that pedicure.😉
If you don’t like taking your shoes on and off when going through security, I highly recommend getting the TSA PreCheck®. No need to remove shoes, belts, 3-1-1 liquids, food, or light jackets.
Try and pack light. More than likely, you’ll get mementos on your trip and you’ll need room in your suitcase for the flight back home. Extra weight (for Southwest® Airlines, there’s an additional fee for bags over 50 pounds) and extra bags cost extra money.❤️